Buglass Energy Advisory supports energy sector investors with strategic, commercial and financing advice.
Companies seeking to grow existing businesses, or bring innovative technologies or services to market need to make a compelling case to investors, in the appropriate language. BEA acts as a sounding board during preparation and bridges the gap between Technical and Finance, for an effective investment conversation.
We leverage investing experience gained in the delivery of over £11 billion in investments across 30 countries to serve our clients.
Our commercial and finance expertise is augmented by detailed policy and regulatory knowledge. BEA is uniquely positioned to combine them into tailored solutions for the specific needs of the client and the opportunity.
For assignments requiring additional expertise, we work with a network of trusted partners to deliver the precise mix of skills our clients need.
Among other projects, clients have retained us to provide:
- Financing advice for the first debt financing under the UK's new Capacity Market: raised £50m to construct 200MW of gas fired power;
- Policy and regulatory risk assessment to support market entry for leading renewables fund, including preparation for investment committee presentation;
- Advice on decarbonisation of future heat supply (ongoing assignment for UK government);
- Assessment of investment attractiveness and support for investor presentations for new technology opportunity;
- Finance and risk assessment for independent thermal plant developer ahead of the December 2016 Capacity Market auction;
- Partner selection and joint venture formation advice for battery storage developer for National Grid’s Enhanced Frequency Response auction;
- Policy and regulatory risk assessment for investment committee of private equity fund;
- Risk mitigation and investor attractiveness advice as part of business review of new technology market entry plan;
- Special Adviser to UK Government’s Energy & Climate Change Select Committee;
- Non-executive director roles for Enbridge Inc.’s investment in 400MW Rampion Offshore Wind project and Umeme Limited (privatised distribution operator in Uganda, listed on Kampala & Nairobi stock exchanges).
- Structure and funding of portfolio advice for independent developer of thermal generation (UK & overseas);